This book will open the cracks in your armour and face you to look a bit deeper inside. This book dives right into our vulnerability, egos, self-awareness, and self-love. Brené Brown does a fabulous job demonstrating how courage is crucial in leadership and how we need to commit to courageous behaviours to be daring leaders. She explores how shame impacts our behaviours, self-esteem, and our relationships. And after cracking open our armour for self-reflection and learning, she provides us with leadership lessons that will help us build back better than before.
Key leadership lessons:
- Know that it is not possible to view the world through someone else’s eyes. Instead, we can honour their perspective as truth, even when they differ from our truth.
- To recognize our judgement of others as a possible judgement of ourselves.
- Before we can understand the feelings of others, we must first understand our own.
- We need to be aware that who we are and how we show up each day is how we lead, and we know this has an impact on everyone around us.
- We show strength and courage when we choose integrity over comfort. Tough and honest conversations are critical to develop and maintain healthy relationships.